How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last
How long does lash extension last? Lash Addict Studio offers expert advice on eyelash care and longevity.
Eyelash Extensions – The First Set
It’s exciting when you get your first set of eyelash extensions. The results are amazing, and you get to enjoy a full and fresh lash line without having to wear mascara!
Your new lashes only need minor maintenance until it’s time to refresh them. How long will your lash extensions last?
How Long Do Lash Extensions Last?
Did you know approximately 20-30% of our natural eyelashes fall out every two weeks? When you have lash extensions, this natural process occurs, meaning that when a natural eyelash sheds, so does the extension.
Our guests are always welcome to return to our salon.
Every two weeks, you should get your lashes refilled. Your stylist can:
- Assess your lash line and new lash growth
- Replace, refresh, and fluff eyelash extensions to get that full-lash appearance you love
Aftercare to Maintain Your Lash Extensions
Aftercare is crucial to ensuring your eyelash extensions stay in top shape, look great, and last longer between biweekly filling appointments. You will also be able to save your lash stylist time by taking care of your lashes between appointments. They can then focus on filling your lashline instead of cleaning up.
Check out our 6 top tips for aftercare to keep your extensions or natural lashes looking great and healthy.
- Combing and fluffing your lashes every day will keep them looking neat and well-groomed. If you’re on the go, grab one of our handy lash brushes or wands the next time you visit. You can always have extras in your bag to fluff when you need to!
- Cleaning your lashes every day is the easiest way to maintain them. Not just any cleanser will do!
- Avoid products that contain oil or alcohol, cosmetics, and moisturizers around the eyes. These products can damage the adhesives that hold lash extensions to your natural lashes.
- Gentleness is key when it comes to eyelashes. Avoid vigorous eye rubbing, and protect your eyes as you sleep. A sleep mask, designed specifically for people with lash extensions, will protect your lashes when you go to bed.
- A lash sealant is your best friend if you have an active lifestyle, sweat during exercise, live in a humid environment, swim, or participate in water sports.
- It’s important to keep up with regular lash fills. Waiting too long between refills can result in less full lashes and even a complete set of lashes being required to correct a sparse lash line. Keep up with your bi-weekly appointments for refills!
This post was written by a professional at Lash Addict Studio. Lash Addict Studio’s owner has over 10 years of experience as a lash artist. Lash Addict Studio offers the best quality eyelash extensions Carillon FL. In addition to being a lash studio, Lash Addict Studio also offers eyelash training certifying girls across the nation!